If I'm going to use Isidore to do this, I need to be certain to fulfill the requirements, which include: writing on a daily basis (uh oh), reflect on the process of using the DCC model as I create the learning object, and document the steps required for the model. This might work, or then again maybe I need to use my wiki to document what I am doing.
"Learning Objects." Hmm. New term, but it seems to represent an idea I'm familiar with and just didn't have a name for. According to the University of Wisconsin's (Milwaukee Campus ) Center for International Education, one of the definitions includes these characteristics:
- smaller units of learning (2-15 min)
- self-contained (can be taken independently)
- reusable (in multiple contexts for multiple purposes)
- can be aggregated (can be grouped into larger collections of content)
- tagged with metadata (for ease in searching)